Turning Podcasting Into Profit
Covering the foundation and growth tactics to develop a successful podcast
Blogging is dead. Enter: podcasting.
Learn how to create, scale and profit from this new medium for growth from an in-demand podcaster and an international marketing strategist.
Bloggers, creators, influencers, marketers, journalists and new podcasters are invited to gain insights that will set you up for podcasting success!
You'll find out how to be ahead of the game in podcasting by using hacks, tips and insights from an in-demand podcaster and a global marketing strategist.
Beginner podcasters will learn how to define their strategy, including:
• Finding a voice and building an audience
• Repurposing blog and other digital content
• Creating a content plan
• Finding engaging guests for specific topics
• Overcoming sound and other production challenges
Podcasters looking to take their show to the next level will learn to execute for growth. This includes:
• Branding and positioning your podcast for growth
• Marketing hacks to grow your audience
• Tips for securing high profile guests
• Securing sponsors
• Finding freelance support
Facts on why podcasting is full of opportunities for you to profit!
- This year, the share of Americans who report being familiar with the term “podcasting” is now 60% (or 168 million)
- Between 2014 and 2018, monthly American podcast listenership has grown by a whopping 73%
- The share of Americans who report listening to podcasts within the last month is now 26% (73 million), up from 24% (67 million) the year before (2017)
- The share of American men who consider themselves monthly podcast listeners is 27%, and the share of American women has increased year-over-year: 24%, up from 21% the year before (2017)
- 2018 marks the first time that podcasting overtook satellite radio in the car, 23% to 21% (out of 100% with AM/FM still leading with the majority)
*Stats via Hot Pod
What They're Saying:
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTORS:
Ahyiana Angel is traditionally published author and host of the Switch, Pivot or Quit podcast, who is affectionately known as the Chief Encourager. She created the Switch, Pivot or Quit podcast, which is the #1 podcast for women’s empowerment in the San Francisco Bay Area. She has extensive experience in the podcasting space consulting with corporate clients in addition to having developed and instructed a podcasting course for Media Bistro, produced and edited more than 100 shows, and interviewed dozens of professional women. Ahyiana has also hosted three live sold out podcast tapings, with two having been held at the Spotify offices in San Francisco. WEBSITE: https://www.switchpiv
Christine Michel Carter is a global marketing strategist with 10 years of progressive experience driving results for innovative, category leading companies. She has been featured in and guest contributed to several global digital publications, including Forbes, TIME, Health, Ebony, Black Bride, Retail Customer Experience, Inc. and Women’s Health, and has formed strategic alliances for organizations with Starbucks, Under Armour, Amazon (Whole Foods), Popchips, KIND Snacks, IKEA, Red Bull GmbH, The Coca-Cola Company (Honest Tea) and Procter & Gamble (CoverGirl). WEBSITE: http://christinemiche
Ahyiana is an author and podcast host, affectionately known to many as the Chief Encourager. However, by design, Ahyiana is a creator. Creator of a buzz worthy jewelry line featured by Vogue magazine and worn by Pop Icon Beyoncé, creator of a debut novel worthy of traditional publishing, and creator of a stellar career in publicity having worked with one of the top sports entertainment leagues, the National Basketball Association (NBA). Ultimately, one of her proudest accomplishments is creating an environment where others find encouragement as a result of her positive energy, skill, and fearless attitude. Having made a significant career switch herself, Ahyiana understands feeling unfulfilled and growing into your purpose.
StartBuilding an Audience + Content Creation (19:02)
StartGuests + Production (14:03)
StartPositioning for Growth + Marketing Hacks (16:06)
StartSecuring Guests, Sponsors + Freelance Support (16:02)
StartQ+A Session (22:05)
StartHow to Submit Your Podcast to Spotify
StartPodcasting Resources List